Sunday, February 19, 2012

Greetings

Welcome to my genealogy blog. 

I've been exploring my family history for more years than I can remember.  I literally started at my mother's knee.  My mom, Maxine (Price, Greiner) Brown, was an avid, meticulous genealogist.  All of us in the family (and there were 6 of us kids) were recruited at one time or another to take notes, endure cemetery visits, and fend for ourselves while Mom attended meetings or visited court houses.  I swore I would never succumb.  And here I am .......

The majority of my ancestors immigrated to America from western Europe and the British Isles.  They settled on the eastern seaboard, then eventually migrated to Indiana.  I'll be sharing my findings as I continue to research my ancestors.  I'm convinced, as was Fox Mulder in The X-Files, that the truth is indeed out there somewhere.  I just need to keep looking.   

1 comment: